Level 1 National Award in Food Safety in Catering
For more details CALL FREE on 0808 149 8391QUICK QUOTE
Or let us call you back
Why train with us?
- Convenient on site training, at your premises
- Accredited by leading Awarding Bodies
- EHO & Local Authority accepted
- Nationwide Trainer Network
The contents of this course follow best practice and are designed to reinforce the importance of good food safety practices in the workplace. The course is aimed at anyone who wishes to work in the food sector, or those currently in the industry such as waiters, carers etc. and those in schools and community groups.
Learning Outcomes & Assessment Criteria
- 1. Demonstrate an understanding of the principles of food safety to operate hygienically
- 2. Demonstrate an understanding of personal hygiene requirements to work effectively in the food catering environment
- 3. Understand the importance of cleaning and disinfection to maintain a safe food catering environment
- 4. Show an understanding of the hazards and risks posed by contamination and bacteria in the food catering environment
- Level 1
- Credits n/a
- Certificate validity: 3 years
- Duration: 1/2 day
- Prerequisites: None
- Assessment: Multiple choice questions
Quick-Quote in 5 Minutes or Less:
For more details CALL FREE on 0808 149 8391
Frequently Asked Questions
Regardless of the size of your business, if you handle or prepare food that is consumed by others then you need to comply with the Food Hygiene Legislation.
The Law requires that any food handlers are instructed and supervised to a level which is appropriate for their duties.
A supervisor will need a higher level of training than the staff they manage for example. Although the law does stipulate that formal training is required, a certificate showing your employees and supervisors has passed a recognised course is one way of showing you have complied with the law.
To get more details on our courses, please call us FREE on 0800 294 8663 or use our quick and easy tool to find out which courses may best suit your needs.
There are no minimum requirements and you can train as many delegates as you like with online learning however for effective onsite training the recommendation is one trainer to ever 12 delegates. Therefore if you need say 20 people training all at once at your premises on a particular day we would send two trainers in this instance.
Yes we can run courses to suit your business needs and work with you to avoid disruption to your business.
Yes. It’s recommended that you keep up to date every three years to maintain food safety standards and to ensure awareness of current legal requirements.
The courses differ in length. When you browse each course the duration is shown in the course details.
Yes, it is a multiple choice exam and all the information needed to pass the exam is explained during the course.